Saturday, March 26, 2011

in the morning.

i don't drink coffee at home anymore, but i used to. i used to love to prepare coffee with this very traditional coffee cone (or how do you call it?).

this is made from ceramic. traveled from japan.

at my parents' house, we used to have a bigger one from the same maker. exactly same design, same color, and same ceramic finish.

i never wanted to have an electric coffee maker. so when i started to live by myself after getting out of grad school (i always had a roommate while i was in school), i asked my mom to ship me one.

it was kinda silly request, since this coffee cone actually cost for $7 or something, and shipping must have been so much more, but i didn't care. i just wanted what i used to see in my parents' kitchen in my own kitchen that i didn't have to share with a roommate.

now, i am moving into an apartment with a roommate, after living all by myself for 7 years. i am kinda excited, actually. and i don't drink coffee at home anymore.

i gave this to hilary, who just looks so right for this coffee cone. i don't know why, but she is the one.

No comments:

Post a Comment