Sunday, July 19, 2009

samurai spirit

my father gave me this book one day, maybe 2 or 3 years ago.
it was totally not expected, because:
1.) it's about "bushi-do (samurai spirit)."
2.) this book contains all the script both in japanese and english.
3.) we never talked about inazo nitobe (who wrote this book) ever.

i don't know what he expected me to absorb from this book, but i actually never read more than 1 paragraph.
i didn't learn the core soul of japanese tradition.
...well, maybe it's the color of the book. i don't do well with red (fire) object (like, red clothing items never look good on me), since i'm the year of dragon (a god/spirit of water).

i know somebody who would totally love this book: diego. i hope he would learn some more japanese from this book...

1 comment:

  1. Perfect, again! I love these small gift ideas. Diego will love it.

    ReplyDelete