Tuesday, March 2, 2010

keep on going

haruki murakami's writing has been one of most important elements in my life since i read his book when i was in junior high.

some of his writings have answers for who i am, what i want, and where i'm going.
some of his books, i read so many times and those keeps on giving me a balance between what i think and what i miss, what i follow.

except for some short stories, i read everything he wrote over last 20 years. although i had read mostly in japanese, i read some of his writings in english. this is one of those:"what i talk about when i talk about running."

i was always intrigued by the idea of running even before i had read this book. i had tried to run so many times in the past, and i always stopped after 3 or 4 months. i enjoy running, but somehow it didn't capture me and i quit.

when i started to read this book, i know to whom i am giving this book. since i found out that i am not a running person, i wanted this to belong to somebody who is so into running. so it became a birthday present for my frind, runner buck.

i hope it would keep her running, as other writings of murakami keeps my mind running.

1 comment:

  1. Takako: Thank you. I am so happy to have this book. It's the next book I will read.
    I love running. And, I love you.
    buck.

    ReplyDelete